Networker

Re: [Networker] Automated Restore tests in networker

2011-04-08 05:52:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automated Restore tests in networker
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 05:52:08 -0400
I was thinking of doing this sort of thing, but like so many ideas, the
time just isn't available for me to implement it.

My idea is to set up a set of files on a given NetWorker client, then
schedule a restore of those files via a script to the client, but to a
different folder, then use a "diff" script to verify the restored and
original files are the same.