Networker

[Networker] Automated Restore tests in networker

2011-04-08 05:46:13
Subject: [Networker] Automated Restore tests in networker
From: Kenneth Larsen <kel AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:44:33 +0200
Hi everybody

We are from time to asked about restore tests, and when it comes down to
it, nobody really wanna pay the hours it takes !

the natural follow up question is, can we automate it ?

I was thinking build a script which could restore a file to a recover
folder and have our monitoring software keep track of it.

but before I start inventing everything, question is
does anybody out there do something similar ?
or does anybody know of a piece of softwarewhich could help me ?

thanks :)

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
System Konsulent