Networker

Re: [Networker] Licensing question

2011-03-31 10:19:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Licensing question
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:18:15 -0500
Once you delete all definitions of a given client (you can have more
than 1), it will delete the client, and will free up a license.

We do this all of the time.  If a client is no longer backed up, we
simply remove them from backups, we don't delete them.   When we need
licenses, we go out and cleanup old clients by deleting them.   That
immediately frees up a license.

This is for Windows.  I assume that linux/unix would work the same way.

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk