Networker

Re: [Networker] i2k library failed - no maintenance - how to restore

2011-03-13 13:51:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] i2k library failed - no maintenance - how to restore
From: Thierry FAIDHERBE <Thierry.Faidherbe AT SKYNET DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:53:27 +0100
The only thing I can think about is using ADIC Drives
our of library control (manually nsrmm [-m/-u] -f <path_drive_>
and mt -f <path_drive> offline).
For faster tape lookup, take tapes our of the lib,
sort tapes by barcodes and manually load/unload drives.

Another solution is, based on your user requests, to stage/clone
your actual needed volumes to your new disk array.
If no user restore are pending start mounting tapes manually
in reverse order (last used first) and stage/clone to your ne disk lib.

Anyway, asking a repair assess may be useful, do you really plan to
completely remove tapes from your backup strategy ?

HTH

TH