Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5.3 Media full error

2011-03-01 03:19:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.5.3 Media full error
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 08:17:20 +0000
Hi,

It's not a media problem but a "network" problem.

When Networker is writing to a tape and for some reason cannot continue, it
sometimes thinks that the problem is the tape so it mark it "full" to avoid
further writing on a possible defective tape. But if the tape is good, the
problem is more than certainly in the network component meaning that datas
don't come as fast as they should to the writing head so a time out occurs. The
root cause maybe a lot of things : pure lan problem, client configuration
(parallelism) and so on. You must find the bottleneck.

Kind regards