Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.6.1 - Savesets hang

2011-02-23 13:46:00
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.6.1 - Savesets hang
From: Eugene Vilensky <evilensky AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:29:55 -0600
We've had the same issues, when advanced Windows 2008/R2 networking
features such as RSS, NetDMA, and Chimney offloading are enabled on
servers with busy iSCSI interfaces.  Also when a host-agent backup
kicks off to back up data from an iscsi-attached volume, everything
goes to hell.  We use mainly IBM x86 gear and this search summarizes
the issue: http://bit.ly/dLtQ61 -- All of the performance guides
recommend enabling all advanced networking features but all the
troubleshooting/KB-style articles recommend disabling them.

Good know that windows backup servers are susceptible  from this as well.

Thanks,
-Eugene