Networker

Re: [Networker] Question on nsrinfo command

2011-02-22 13:15:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Question on nsrinfo command
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 18:12:53 +0000
On 02/16/11 08:05, Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz wrote:
Hello;

mminfo -q"your_query" -r"nsavetime"
With it you see unix time, like 1297121469

mminfo -q"your_query" -r"savetime(22)"
With it you see normal time woth hours, like 02/07/2011 18:31:09

nsavetime--> unix time
savetime --> date
savetime(22)--> date + hour

Jee and Arkaitz,

Thanks for responding, guys. I guess I thought that the '-v' option would print out the savetime value for each individual file rather than just one savetime value (epoch and date format: date+hour) for the entire thing.

The command that I ran was:

nsrinfo -s server1 -v -t 1297121469 client1

and it reports that same savetime value at the top of the output as:

 scanning client `client1' for savetime 1297121469(Mon Feb 7 18:31:09
>>> 2011) from the backup namespace on server server1

But I was initially thinking that maybe some files might have a different savetime (down to the second), but I guess it makes sense that they all would have the same savetime, or nsavetime, value since they're all part of the same save set as Jee pointed out. Therefore, NW isn't going to bother to report the savetime value for each file, so just once, at the top of the output, suffices.

Thanks.

George

Arkaitz

ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET> escribió:

Hi George,

The output you show on your message contains the savetime in both
numeric and
date format.

+----------------------
scanning client `client1' for savetime 1297121469(Mon Feb 7 18:31:09
2011) from the backup namespace on server server1
-------------------------------------+

what exact command did you execute and what other savetime did you
expect but
couldn't get?

If you ran something like
nsrinfo -t 1297121469 client1
or
nsrinfo -v -t "02/07/2011 18:31:09" client1

then you should not expect any other savetime, just the one associated
to the
whole bunch of entries that belong to that particular saveset.

jee