Networker

[Networker] MSSQL Module Backups in a cluster

2011-02-15 05:57:58
Subject: [Networker] MSSQL Module Backups in a cluster
From: Mark Leese <mark.r.leese AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:57:19 +0000
Hi All,

I am having a problem with backing up databases within a named instance on a
MS Cluster. Environment details below.

Fact: Windows 2003 Cluster
Fact: MSSQL Virtual Instance
Fact: NetWorker Client 7.6 SP1
Fact: NetWorker Server 7.6 SP1
Fact: NetWorker Module for MSSQL 5.2 SP2
Fact: Using Domain accounts and not Local System.

Scenario:

Logging into the server and performing a backup using NWMSSQL work fine
without any errors.
Executing nsrqlsv -s backup_server -c client -a vitrtual_server -l full
MSSQL:dbname works without any errors

Forming the command within SQL enterprise manager as a backup step so that
the SQL environment manages the backup schedules doesn't work even though
the command is formulated above. The SQL command shell in use is the
XP.cmsshell. Every time we attempt a backup via SQL the module (nsrsqlsv)
always reports invalid -a option. Even though we can open a command windows
and copy and paste the exact command used within the SQL environment and the
backup works.

Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome.

Thanks and regards,

Mark.