Networker

Re: [Networker] nsrlcpd is not running for this jukebox

2011-01-10 17:19:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] nsrlcpd is not running for this jukebox
From: Andy Fahy <farske10 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 22:18:09 -0000
From a dos prompt on the file server/backup server run the command
'inquire'. ( maybe 'inquire -l' this will search all LUNs )
The inquire command is in C:\Program files\legato\nsr\bin\
That shows the SCSI devices attached to your machine. Note the SCSI name for the device that is your jukebox/autochanger. Check within device manager if you can see the jukebox/autochanger. Do the names and SCSI ID match from the output of the inquire command and shown in device manager?
Is the driver loaded and working correctly?
if all is OK then consult the /nsr/logs/daemon.log (Normally C:\Program files\legato\nsr\logs\daemon.log) and/or 'C:\Program files\legato\nsr\logs\messages' for any text that indicates the error that keeps putting the library offline. Search files for library name and see when it went offline. Also check the application event logs from windows.

If you find an error post it on here or google it.
This should point you in the right direction for the nature of the error for now. Good luck.