Networker

[Networker] NW 7.5.3.2/4 doesn't like unmounted drives

2010-12-10 07:38:04
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.5.3.2/4 doesn't like unmounted drives
From: Francis Swasey <Frank.Swasey AT UVM DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:32:43 -0500
We have been chasing a VSS error on one of our Windows Server 2008R2 AD Domain
Controllers.  We
were getting the messages:

VSS SYSTEM FILESET:\ VSS SYSTEM FILESET: ERROR:
> VSS failed to add comps in pre save, writer=System Writer,
> error=0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.
C:\ ERROR: VSS failed to initialize for
> directives, error=0x80070002: The system cannot find the file specified.

The server is Linux 64-bit running 7.5.3.2.  The client was originally running
7.5.2, but we
upgraded it to 7.5.3, and then 7.5.3.4 with no relief.  The system
administrator finally
noticed that the D:\ drive had gone offline.  While this didn't present any
problem for Windows
running nor for WSB to make backups, NetWorker fell apart.

Has anyone seen this before?  Is it a known problem?  Does it already have a
hotfix?

Thanks,