Networker

Re: [Networker] Few question ..anybody has any suggestion ..

2010-12-01 03:11:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Few question ..anybody has any suggestion ..
From: Denis <denis.mail.list AT FREE DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:09:25 +0100
Hello,

1 - If clients are not backuped, you can check the logs. But if you client has
been taken away from the group, you must write a script which scans the
savegroup to compare with a list of clients that must be saved.

2 - On documentation, you will only see backward compatibily of supported
version.
I work with 7.5.1 server backuping version 6.1 client with no problem.

3 - #1 rule in computer science : if it works, don't touch...
You can consider to upgrade if you want to use some new features
(deduplication, encryption...) or if you experiment some bugs.

Denis