Networker

Re: [Networker] How to route save job to a storage node

2010-11-30 08:04:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to route save job to a storage node
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 08:32:29 +0200
Michael Leone wrote:
I am confused about something. I have a save job that I need to write to a tape drive on a storage node, and not to the tape drive on the Networker server. I know how to do that for clones - by listing the storage node under "Clone Storage Nodes" in the "Globals 2" tab of the appropriate client definition. But how do I specify a non-clone client to save to the tape drive on a storage node, instead of the Networker server? The tape drive is in the appropriate pool, and is mounted. The storage node is not a dedicated storage node (that I can see - the drives on the node do not say dedicated). But I don't see where in the client definition I can list the storage node as a valid save device; all the sections speak of storage nodes ...

My first time trying to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Every client have properties tab Globals (2 of 2) field Storage nodes. There is default nsrserverhost, please put recommed storage node first. Remember, second is backup node. If first node is down your client try second.

From on line help
Storage nodes - This is an ordered list of storage nodes for the client to use when saving its data. Its saves are directed to the first storage node that has an enabled device and a functional media daemon (nsrmmd). A default value of nsrserverhost represents the server. Keywords curphyhost and currechost can be used in this list only for virtual clients in a cluster. curphyhost indicates backups of a virtual client should go to the storage node on the physical host on which the virtual client resides. While currechost requests the required volume be mounted on the storage node where the recover operation is running

Regards, Riku