Networker

Re: [Networker] How to route save job to a storage node

2010-11-29 15:19:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to route save job to a storage node
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:18:03 -0600
In our environment, we have 3 possible values, and will list all 3 on
some clients.

In this case, a clustered device, you can use "curphyhost", which means
the current physical host will backup the machine, and is a dedicated
storage node, because it can only backup items that are on this machine.

Nameserver - this would be the name of the storage node(non-dedicated),
not the backup server.

Lastly, nsrserverhost, which is your "normal" backup server.

As I said, in some clients, we will list them in this order:
curphyhost
nameserver
nsrserverhost

In other clients, we have just the one definition, "nsrserverhost".

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk