Networker

Re: [Networker] Interview question ...

2010-11-26 07:10:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interview question ...
From: "Abad Uriarte, Arkaitz" <arkaitz.abad AT EHU DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 13:09:42 +0100
Hello;

Sometimes if you have two networks with slow connection between them.

You have server in one and in other the Storage Node, the index only goes between the Storage Node to server. In this case, you have two libraries, one in the server and another in the Storage Node.

Arkaitz

ARKAITZ ABAD URIARTE

Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea              Email: arkaitz.abad @ehu.es
Bizkaiko I.I.S.I.G                         Tel. : 94 601 8390
Aurreztu papera. E-posta hau inprimatu beharra daukazu?

Ken Gehring <ken.gehring AT GMAIL DOT COM> escribió:

First question for me would be
Is hardware support for the server still available? If the answer is yes then

Are backup windows being met?
     Yes - no problem
      No - Why?
           network, tape library, VTL..... server can't handle the load

Ken

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM, bolobaboo
<networker-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
You have steady state enviornment. Which things should i look to make decesion that i need new networker server or new storage node ? What things have triggered other to think of having new servers now , old server can not handle any more ?
Thank you

|This was sent by anil555 AT maurya DOT us via Backup Central.

To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff networker" in the body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems with this list. You can access the archives at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
--Benjamin Franklin