Networker

Re: [Networker] Order of ssids with mminfo?

2010-11-17 20:41:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Order of ssids with mminfo?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 01:39:37 +0000
On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 07:58:37PM -0500, George Sinclair wrote:
> What order are ssids listed when you just run:
>
> mminfo -q volume=volname -r ssid
>
> without specifying a sort order using -o ???

I've always assumed it was the default sort order in the man page:
mocntl

> Seems like the order changes around when I report more fields? For
> example, using '-r ssid,mediafile' doesn't report the ssids in the
> same order as '-r ssid'. I was trying to add various fields to see
> if I could figure out the default order, but I don't think I've got
> it.

I think a report of 'ssid' will report one line per ssid.  So a sort of
'm' might show either the ssid in the media order where it first
appears, or it might show the ssid in the media order where the head of
the ssid is located.  Not sure.

A report of 'ssid,mediafile' will now show one line per fragment.  So I
think you'll get a different number of lines, but it's easier to see how
it's in media order.

--
Darren