Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning from one storage node to another

2010-11-16 14:04:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning from one storage node to another
From: terry.lemons AT EMC DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:00:42 -0500
Hi Michael

NetWorker does have the very cool ability to clone between storage nodes over
an IP network; the source storage node reads the saveset and sends it to the
target storage node, which writes it to the clone output device.

Check out the NetWorker Administration Guide for the section on how to set up
the clone affinity (not sure if it is called that in the Guide).  It's
important that you use the admin guide for the NetWorker release you are using,
as the cloning affinity setup has changed over the past several releases.

Hope this helps.
tl