Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.6.1 and Windows 2008R2 clients

2010-11-11 05:02:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.6.1 and Windows 2008R2 clients
From: Riku Valli <riku.valli AT UTA DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:00:39 +0200
Nelson, Allan wrote:
Hi

I understood that Networker client 7.6.1 fully supports Windows 2008 R2 as a
client - am I correct?
Yes you are.
The reason I ask is that I'm seeing this error when a backup runs...

* myWin2008R2client:VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\ VSS SYSTEM BOOT: VSS Writer: ASR Writer
is not supported, ignoring it.

Is this just a 'cosmetic' warning or is it something I should be trying to
resolve?  It looks as though VSS SYSTEM BOOT is getting backed up...

myWin2008R2client: VSS SYSTEM BOOT:\     level=full,     81 MB 00:00:48    117
files
Windows backup used ASR writer to backup system boot files. Actually in backup Networker assign drive letter (B) for this Bitlocker partion and after backup it's removed. Networker don't use this ASR writer for that. Hence a warning. I think at this is cosmetic. Earlier Networker version you should give persistent drive letter for bitlocker partition or you cannot take backup at all.

Regards, Riku

Cheers... Allan.

--
Riku Valli <riku.valli AT uta DOT fi>