Networker

Re: [Networker] nmc dies

2010-11-09 15:11:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] nmc dies
From: David Gold-news <dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 15:09:17 -0500
Try right clicking on the nmc link and "run as administrator", with UAC disabled.

Also make sure to clear the java cache in the java control panel.

Dave

Date:    Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:53:50 -0900
From:    Jonathan Smith <smithj AT ALASKA DOT EDU>
Subject: Re: NMC dies after password auth attempt

Thanks again for the reply.

On 11/05/2010 03:03 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> That's showing the java version on the NMC server, which is useful to
> know for reference, but the problem is definitely on the client.  Are you
> also using 1.6.0_21 on the client?

1.6.0.22 on the client, but I've also tried with .21. Also tried with
x86 and x86_64, none worked.

> Is UAC enabled on your Windows 7 client?  Have you tried it with UAC off?

It is enabled. I had to click through the "yes let this program do
stuff" box once, but I haven't seen it pop up again. I'll investigate
disabling UAC temporarily and get back to you (the system is on a
domain, and group policy doesn't let me disable it).

        smithj

===================================
David Gold
Sr. Technical Consultant
Cambridge Computer Services, Inc.
Artists in Data Storage
Tel: 781-250-3000
Tel (Direct): 781-250-3260
Fax: 781-250-3360
dave AT cambridgecomputer DOT com
www.cambridgecomputer.com

*Any ideas, suggestion or comments are mine alone, and are not of my company*