Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt

2010-11-05 18:15:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 17:12:56 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt, Jonathan...:

I recently switched to Windows 7 x86_64 (on a VM, not that it should
matter).  However, I can't get NMC to work correctly on the new box.
After launching the app, and typing in a (valid) username and password,
the app just dies. No error message, nothing in the java webstart logs,
nothing. Just dead. Running 1.6.0.21 java. I did try clearing java
caches, re-downloading the app, etc.

I've seen similar behavior on a different client platform, and it was
an incompatibility with the Java version I was using.

What version of the NMC are you connecting to?  Older versions had known
problems with Java > 1.6.0_13, but recent versions have that issue fixed.

Also, I doubt it matters, but are you using the 32 bit version of
Java on your x86_64 Windows 7 client, or the 64 bit version?

Tim
edu