Networker

Re: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt

2010-11-05 18:05:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] NMC dies after password auth attempt
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 18:04:35 -0400
John,

I had this same problem a little over two years ago when I did an upgrade
to NMC. In my case, the host was (and still is) a Linux VM. Where I had
the problem was on my old MacBook Pro at home. NMC worked fine everywhere
else I tried it. Is NMC failing for all your users or just you on a
specific workstation on a specific user account on that workstation?

Like you, I opened up a case with EMC and they did try to help, but after
a few back and forth go arounds, they bailed saying that they didn't
support Mac OS X at that time. Fortunately, another technician took up the
case out of personal curiosity and with his help, I realized that it was
only the one account on my MacBook Pro that was giving me trouble. Using
another account on the same laptop worked fine for NMC so if you haven't
tried doing that on your workstation, it is worth giving it a try, if only
to see if you can isolate the issue.