Networker

Re: [Networker] Linux Tape Drive Re-Ordering Issue

2010-11-03 16:38:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Linux Tape Drive Re-Ordering Issue
From: Davina Treiber <Davina.Treiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:23:53 +0000
On 11/03/10 20:26, Brian Narkinsky wrote:
> I had the same thing with an ESN.  I know that UDEV has be a certain level
> for persistent binding to work.  The version I upgraded to was SLES 9 udev
> -021-36.69.i586.rpm.

The problem with some Linux distros is that it is hard to keep them up
to date without re-installing. My Gentoo systems have udev version 151,
and I know that a lot of changes have been made to udev. Also you cannot
upgrade to the latest versions of udev without a recent kernel - things
break if you do.