Networker

[Networker] Legato 7.6.1 and NDMP backups

2010-10-22 09:09:49
Subject: [Networker] Legato 7.6.1 and NDMP backups
From: rmumford <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:07:42 -0400
> Hey Matthew,
>
> We ran into the exact same problem after upgrading from 7.4.5 to 7.5.3.2 last
> week (NDMP backups for NetApp and StorageTek NAS). I worked with an NDMP
> support engineer, and he said that other folks are having this issue, as
> well. Engineering is working on a patch. Even though the jobs are failing on
> the NetWorker Management Console, we've found that we can manually run the
> jobs from the command-line (i.e., using nsrndmp_save from shell access on our
> Linux NetWorker server). We've disabled the NMC jobs and setup cron jobs for
> the NDMP backups until this gets fixed.
>
> --
> Clint Bullock
> Storage Administrator
> University System of Georgia

Clint, I have hit a similar issue except my groups never fail, just hang after
writing a partial saveset. I've requested the fix from emc support. In the
meantime can you provide me an example of how to run it command line from your
server? Mine is windows but it should be the same. Thanks

Robert D Mumford