Networker

Re: [Networker] Recycle Multiple Volumes

2010-10-18 16:17:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Recycle Multiple Volumes
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:16:55 -0500
> mattman555

> I'd like to select a set of volumes and set their mode to recycle in
> a more efficient manner..
>
> I believe this could be accomplished by command line but I'm at a loss..

Check out mminfo and nsrmm. mminfo can tell list the volumes in date order
and nsrmm can mark them recyclable. For example:

Here's a full listing of all the non-recyclable volumes in "pool_name",
with extra fields as a sanity check. You'll probably want to use the
'savetime' parameter to limit the list, though (carefully read the mminfo
man page) -

    # mminfo -ar 'volume,volaccess,pool' -q 'pool=pool_name,!volrecycle'
-ot
     volume        vl access pool
    001752          10/10/10 pool_name
    001749          10/12/10 pool_name
    001711          10/13/10 pool_name
    001777          10/14/10 pool_name
    001769          10/16/10 pool_name
    001745          10/17/10 pool_name
    001746          10/18/10 pool_name
    001771          10/18/10 pool_name

Here's just the volume names -

    # mminfo -ar 'volume' -q 'pool=pool_name,!volrecycle' -ot
    001752
    001749
    001711
    001777
    001769
    001745
    001746
    001771

And here's how to mark one recyclable -

    # nsrmm -o recyclable 001752

On unix, you can feed the output of mminfo into a loop and sequentially
mark each one like -

    # mminfo command | while read vol
    do
        nsrmm -yo recyclable $vol
    done

Just test your mminfo query thoroughly first. If you screw up, you'll be
scanning some tapes.  :-)