Networker

Re: [Networker] New cleaning tape question

2010-10-11 11:14:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] New cleaning tape question
From: "Goslin, Paul" <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:13:23 -0400
Nsrjb -U uses
Sets the number of times a cleaning cartridge can be used. Slots can
also be
specified. Any slot specified must be in the range of slots set aside
for
cleaning cartridges in the jukebox. If a range of slots is not
specified, all
slots set aside for cleaning cartridges are updated. For slots that are
currently empty in the jukebox's inventory, this option updates the
inventory
to indicate that the slot is occupied by a cleaning cartridge. For a
discussion
of how slots of a jukebox are set aside for cleaning cartridges, see -I.
Uses must be either a positive integer, or the reserved words remove or
default. The reserved word remove can be used (for example, -U remove)
delete the cleaning cartridge(s) from the NetWorker inventory.
Specifying
default sets the number of times a cleaning cartridge may be used to the
value
of the default cleanings attribute for the jukebox. See nsr_jukebox(5).
You can use the -T option in conjunction with the -U option to add
cleaning
cartridges to a Silo Tape Library (STL). This option sets aside a
cleaning slot
in the STL each time a cleaning cartridge is added. For a description of
how to
remove cleaning cartridges from an STL, see -x. See -I for a discussion
of how
slots in a non-STL jukebox are set aside for cleaning cartridges.

(from the -I option section)
To allocate slots in a jukebox for cleaning cartridges, set the jukebox
resource attribute Auto Clean to Yes and the Cleaning Slots attribute to
a non-
empty range of slots. For further information see nsr_jukebox(1m).
Volumes from
slots that are reserved for cleaning cartridges are not loaded during
the
inventory of a jukebox. For jukeboxes that do not support element status
or
have a bar code reader, the -U uses option must be used to enter a
cleaning
cartridge into the jukebox's inventory. For jukeboxes that support
element
status or have a bar code reader, cleaning cartridge slots that were
previously
empty but now contain a cartridge have the number of uses for the
cleaning
cartridge is the value set in the jukebox attribute Default Cleanings.