Networker

Re: [Networker] Client limit for Networker

2010-10-08 15:02:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client limit for Networker
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 14:01:26 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Client limit for Networker, Lars T?rnblom...:

What you are describing her is common problems in 7.4.2 in this size of
environment, If you have some reason to stay on 7.4.x I suggest that you
at least upgrade to 7.4.5.10. so you get a stable NetWorker release.

When taking the step from 7.2.x to 7.3 and above there is some OS tuning
that needs to Be done. Check the perf. Tuning guide for your OS.

I agree completely.  7.4.x had higher resource requirements than 7.2.x,
and I think that was both hinted at in the release notes and in other
recommendations on sizing your servers.

We actually were never able to get a stable 7.4.x release, though we never
got as far as 7.4.5.10.  We're on 7.5.x now, and it's actually been much
better in our environment.

as well there is a problem with 7.4 and newer. with too many 7.2.x
client in one group (8 or more).  This bug can cause the problems you
have.

We've seen that problem too.  Unfortunately, some of our clients can't be
upgraded past the 7.2.x client, so we're stuck with the issue for now.

Tim
edu