Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo - how to specify "NOT EQUAL TO"?

2010-10-07 15:20:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo - how to specify "NOT EQUAL TO"?
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:19:17 +0000
On Thu, Oct 07, 2010 at 02:40:33PM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> I seem to be doing something wrong. I need to make a mminfo query that
> shows all savesets on a given range of days, except for a certain group.
> And I can't seem to construct the query correctly. I thought it would be:
>
> mminfo -avot -q
> "savetime>09/25/2010,savetime<09/27/2010,!group='BOOTSTRAP'"

I don't think this is supported in mminfo.  I would grab all the entries
and then post-process to remove the group I didn't want.

> This turns out not to be the case. :-) Yet the Command Reference for 7.5
> seems to indicate that this should be the proper syntax. Well, it's valid
> syntax, in that it executes ... but shows me all groups, including the
> "BOOTSTRAP" group.
>
> So what am I doing wrong, to exclude that one group from my query?

The only place I see reference to '!' in mminfo is with regard to flags:

                  When comparing flags whose values are  normally  'true'  and
       'false',  one  may  alternatively  use  the  '[  ! ] name' syntax.  The
       '!name' form is equivalent to 'name=false', and  'name'  by  itself  is
       equivalent  to  'name=true'.

But 'group' is a character string attribute instead of a flag, so the
bang operator isn't appropriate.

--
Darren