Networker

Re: [Networker] Client limit for Networker

2010-10-07 10:16:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client limit for Networker
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 10:14:32 -0400
You are backing up 1800 clients with one server and no storage nodes? There are
numerous limiting factors, but you need to look at save streams rather, not
just clients. If you log onto PowerLink, there is a NetWorker performance and
tuning guide which you can download and read. I encourage you to read that
document. 1800 clients on one server without any storage nodes is ripe for
tuning improvement by splitting the clients up into multiple storage nodes.