Networker

[Networker] Big trouble with a new installation of FalconStor

2010-10-06 19:55:40
Subject: [Networker] Big trouble with a new installation of FalconStor
From: mcalero <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:13:47 -0400
Hi,

my organization is currently running a project to install a VTL based on
Falconstor + SIR + OST (NBU 6.5.5).

This is an installation on two different sites:

Site #1

2x VTL Frontend, clustered
1x SIR
EMC Clariion CX4 SATA storage

Site #2
1x VTL Frontend
1x SIR
EMC Clariion CX4 on SATA storage

Dual Fabric FC SAN, Media Servers based on Solaris 9 and 10, clients based on
vmwared windows

IP based replica over DWDM for both VTL and SIR.

Question is: the project is running on an uncountable number of errors which
were solved by falcon guys... latest is an error that got Level 3 and which
produce a mandatory patch for all users using OST (is OST plugin really mature
for production environments??). We are getting some worried about the
correctness of our decission... and we would like to know about your
experiences with Falconstor, whether it satisfies you or not, or if it is
normal to get a Support Level 3 incidence during the installation.

Many thanks in advance.

Miguel