Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1

2010-09-26 22:00:32
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP1
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT newtech DOT fi>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 04:58:26 +0300
fredag 24 september 2010 20:57:31 skrev  goony:
> Once nice added feature is you can setup scheduled clone operations - it
> obsoletes my homebrew cloning script, but it's good to see that they added
> this feature.
>
> I had to move my cloning to a time period after all of my backups were
> complete; kicking off the cloning when each specific backup group
> completed (via checkbox in the Group --> Properties ->Setup tab) was
> causing too much tape drive contention issues for me. (I have a mix of
> backup-to-disk and backup-to-tape).

Yes, it is nice, but they forgot one thing:

Almost all of my cloning scripts has the parameter copies=1 (or 2 for AFTD) in
the mminfo search for savesets to clone to make clones only of the savesets
that are not already cloned. That is NOT available in the scheduled cloning
filter...

NMC also seems to be buggy. A showstopper for me is that pressing Devices
doesn't switch the lower side of the display to devices, but keeps the
previous display. The menu bar and the small icon bar beneath it changes OK. I
installed NMC first and everything was fine, then upgraded the backup server
and
got this "effect".

Running Sun Java 1.6.0.20 on the client accessing NMC.

Best
Dag