Networker

[Networker] Errors backing up NMC data on Win2008 R2 using NW 7.5.2

2010-09-14 12:39:14
Subject: [Networker] Errors backing up NMC data on Win2008 R2 using NW 7.5.2
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:37:26 -0400
I set up a new Win2008 R2 server this weekend, and installed NW 7.5.2
(I've held off on using 7.5.3, since it sounded like even that patch
needed a hotfix ..). Anyway, all seems well, except for the NMC backup.
It's telling me it was unsuccessful, even though it also says it was
success full ...

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* csrvfil001.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov:NMCASA:/gst_on_csrvfil001/lgto_gst 1
retry attempted
* csrvfil001.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov:NMCASA:/gst_on_csrvfil001/lgto_gst
24052:savepsm: Backup of database completed successfully
* csrvfil001.wrk.ads.pha.phila.gov:NMCASA:/gst_on_csrvfil001/lgto_gst
68172:savepsm: Backing up database credential file and authentication
configuration files...

A verbose backup of the job reveals no extra information on the failing
set (which isn't really failing, is it? Above it says it was successful,
on the retry, correct?)

Any ideas on how I can find out why it says unsuccessful? Or what to
change, so it doesn't need to retry? This is the only backup job that says
it needs to retry (consistently, every morning it's reporting this).

Is this something to be worried about?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM