Networker

[Networker] backup errors with SQL client on SQL 2008-VMWare

2010-09-13 09:38:13
Subject: [Networker] backup errors with SQL client on SQL 2008-VMWare
From: Kevin Malone <KCMALONE AT SALISBURY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 09:36:19 -0400
Is anyone out there backing up SQL 2008 on Windows 2008 on a VMware server
using the Networker client/SQL client?  We have run into some issues in this
environment with all current and patched versions of the client up to 7.5.3
client and new build versions of the SQL client 5.2 that EMC has provided.

We are getting 995 i/o errors.  It appears when a savegroup runs and this
client is waiting to backup SQL, it is disconnecting while waiting.  Timeout
has been set to 0 on the group with no help.  This is our first venture into
SQL 2008 on a VMWare server, so this is our only client with this configuration.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? We are Networker 7.4.4 server currently,
soon to be upgraded to 7.5.3.

Kevin

Kevin Malone
Network Administrator