Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question

2010-09-09 16:49:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question
From: "Albert, Eddie" <eddie.albert AT BANKOFAMERICA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:46:55 -0400
Further consideration...

>From my experience, I have never had to restore indices for each file
service as you suggest below. Is it possible you are doing something
different or unique? Absolutely am NOT suggesting your way is wrong,
just curious as to how you did yours vs how I have done mine in the
past.

Also, are your rman backups going to the same place as your file system
backups?

What I have discovered is that SOME backup admins (prounounced NOT ME),
split the load between two backup servers (file systems to one networker
backup server and databases to a different backup server) only ran
indices for the file system forgetting to run an index for the db.

Which of course meant scanning in tapes for antique data... I almost
wonder if older versions of networker did NOT run an index for rman
backups. /shrug

Semper fidelis, /ALE