Networker

[Networker] (Strange) Index issue?

2010-09-08 04:37:55
Subject: [Networker] (Strange) Index issue?
From: Steven Aldenkamp <steven.aldenkamp AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 04:35:53 -0400
Hi again,

first of all let me explain the config a little bit.

A NW 7.6 Windows server with only the server a a client.

By using savepnpc and FalconStor HyperTrac, we mount snapshot volumes to the
server and backup them using its mountpoint:

ex. C:\HyperTrac\Mounts\CLIENT1\C_System (which then points to a certain
mounted drive)

Then we use a server client with this as the saveset. The backup works fine
and right after the files are visible for restore as well.

The problem is when several days pass and different server backups (NMC,
filesystem and also different mount backups) the index changes all of the time.

I have been testing for almost a week now but I cannot change my browse time
to even yesterday or the day before. However when I check the index, the
savesets are all there.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Steven