Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question

2010-09-07 15:40:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRCK -L7 question
From: jee <jee AT ERESMAS DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:38:40 +0100
Hi Michael,

If the old indices for that client exist on some tapes *AND* their
corresponding entries exist on the media db, you will be able to recover the
client file index for that client up to that point in time (back to that
date that you should specify on the nsrck command).  You can use either
savetime or nsavetime.

I prefer to run mminfo with both, savetime and nsavetime on my own locale
(dd/mm/yy) to get the date of the backup right and then use the nsavetime on
the nsrck command (same when using nsrinfo). It makes my life simpler.

J.