Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker on Ubuntu

2010-08-18 04:38:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker on Ubuntu
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:36:00 +0300
  Connection refused message usually means no nsrexecd running.

  Is nsrexecd running ?

  Is name resolution for the client OK ? Can you ping it from the server ?
  What is the output of 'rpcinfo -p client' from the server ?

  What is the output of 'rpcinfo -p' from the client ?

  What is the output of 'netstat -an' on the client ?

If you run 'tcpdump host nsrserver' on the client when you start the group what do you see ? What packets arrive ? on which ports ? Are there any replies ?

Technocrat wrote:
I have two 8.04 Ubuntu workstations. Using this blog post
(http://blog.mc-thias.org/?title=networker-7-5-1-client-on-debian-gnu-linux-5-0-ubuntu-9-04&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1)
  I was able to install EMC Networker Client on them. The problem I have is that on one server
it works perfect. The other server it will not connect for some odd reason. The only message
Networker gives is connection refused.

EMC tech support isn't very helpful since Ubuntu is not a currently supported
OS for some reason. However they suggested making sure that the firewall is
disabled or that there are exceptions for Networker.

When I do a ufw status it says the firewall not loaded. So I am thinking the
firewall is not loaded. Is there another firewall maybe? Is there something
else that might be causing a problem?

I am not very Linux savvy. I can get by. So its probably something simple I am
missing.

Anyways any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you.

|This was sent by spamaddress AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

-- Yaron.