Networker

[Networker] nsrexecd Couldn't look up the name of address

2010-08-13 09:15:19
Subject: [Networker] nsrexecd Couldn't look up the name of address
From: 2dam2 <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:13:25 -0400
Hi Guys,

Ok this is a weird one.  We are running NW 7.5.2 on the NW server on Solaris
10, the client is on SLES 9 NW version 7.5.1.

We are trying to run a simple filesystem server initiated backup however this
seems to be failing.  Looking at the daemon.raw at the client side we see the
following error:

61313 12/08/2010 10:19:55  5 1 13 1082128736 28157 0 pluto nsrexecd Couldn't
look up the name of address: 10.215.121.231: Name or service not known

Now 10.215.121.231 is the NW server which has an entry correctly populated in
/etc/hosts of the client:

10.215.121.230 mars.ecsatic.com mars

If I look in the nswitch.conf of the client here you can see that we have set
the host to resolve first to the hosts table:

hosts:          files dns

All other applications that are running on this host and use hosts file to
resolve are working correctly so we can exclude a corruption of the /etc/hosts.

Has anyone got any suggestions?