Networker

[Networker] Problem with scheduled savegrp -O job

2010-08-10 10:58:02
Subject: [Networker] Problem with scheduled savegrp -O job
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:55:47 -0400
Greetings everyone;

I updated my Red Hat Linux NetWorker server from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 yesterday. I
also updated the NetWorker Console on a separate Linux server to 7.5.3. Thus
far, my backup and restore testing is working fine, but I am seeing on problem
with this new installation. Every morning at 6:45 I have a cron job that runs …

savegrp -O -l full server-index-backup

where server-index-backup is a deactivated group that has every active client
on the server as a member (125 clients). The first scheduled run of this job
yielded the results. I tried running the same job again by adjusting the job's
start time in cron and I still got results like what you see below. I tried
shutting down this NetWorker server and I deleted /nsr/tmp and I restarted it
and reran the savegrp -O job again.

This data zone is a fairly simple set-up. It consists of one Dell 2950
connected to a Qualstar tape library via fiber channel to four LTO-3 tape
drives. Neither drive nor library sharing is use. There is also not any
disk-to-tape backup technology involved here. I checked /nsr/logs/daemon.raw
just after the most recent savegrp -O run and nothing out of the ordinary
appeared. It is also still appearing to generate a bootstrap, which is
certainly a good thing. Also, the actual emailed savegrp report I receive from
NetWorker for this group shows no errors of any kind.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

4690:savegrp: puss-index-backup waiting for 125 job(s) to complete
4690:savegrp: puss-index-backup waiting for 119 job(s) to complete
4690:savegrp: puss-index-backup waiting for 49 job(s) to complete
4690:savegrp: puss-index-backup waiting for 1 job(s) to complete
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112129
76638:savegrp: Failed to handle job sdtio message: No save instance found with
job id 211213876638:savegrp: Failed to handle job sdtio message: No save
instance found with job id 211213880250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit
status: No save instance found with job id 2112130
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112131
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112132
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112138
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112128
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112134
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112136
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112135
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112133
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112139
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112140
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112137
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112141
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112142
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112143
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112145
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112144
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112146
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112147
80250:savegrp: Failed to process job exit status: No save instance found with
job id 2112148
*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x08d688a8 ***
/bin/sh: line 1:  9078 Aborted                 /usr/sbin/savegrp -O -l full
puss-index-backup