Networker

Re: [Networker] Evaluation license expires after a few days?

2010-08-05 11:20:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Evaluation license expires after a few days?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 11:19:48 -0400
> When you reinstalled NetWorker, did you delete /nsr on your DR
> server? If not, give that a try.

I completely removed the entire "\Program Files\Legato" folder, yes. Then
installed NW again.

More: running "nsrd -D5" is now showing me

Can not get host IP address. ABORTING!

which is confusing me, since I don't see that message, using the "res"
folder as created by the re-installation, but only when using the "res"
folder I got from the "mmrecov" using the 2008-05 bootstrap. I did *not*
get this error, when using the "mmrecov" from the bootstrap of 2008-01.
Then, the service started and worked.

And the IP addressing of this temporary server did not change, in between
running "mmrecov".

The hosts file has an entry of "127.0.0.1 FQDN shortname". There are no
DNS servers listed on the TCP/IP properties. And this config worked, with
the recovered bootstrap of 2008-01.

So, I am confused ...