Networker

[Networker] Fw: Mount a sdlt320 tape in a sdlt600 drive?

2010-08-02 12:45:05
Subject: [Networker] Fw: Mount a sdlt320 tape in a sdlt600 drive?
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:41:54 -0400
I seem to be not having a really good Networker day .. I have a sdlt320
tape. It is in my media list, so it's a known tape. But I only have a
sdlt600 drive on my server these days. And when I right-click on the drive
in NMC, and say "Mount", it tells me

sdlt600 tape xxxxx not in media index

Which is right .. there is no "sdlt600" tape with that label. But there is
a sdlt320 tape there (I see it, in the volumes list - it's marked
"recyclable", but it's there).

I know "scanner" has a "-t type" parameter that I've used in these
situations. But how do I mount one media type, in a drive of a different
(but compatible) type? Not from the NMC, it appears, and I haven't been
able to determine which command line utility will do it (nsrjb will not,
as it's a single drive).

NW 7.4.0, Windows.

Thanks ...