Networker

[Networker] Question about turning off a storage node

2010-07-29 08:50:21
Subject: [Networker] Question about turning off a storage node
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:48:58 -0400
I have one data zone where it will be decommissioned in a few months. This data
zone consists of a Solaris NetWorker 7.4.2 server and storage node that share a
tape library via fiber channel through a switch and dynamic drive sharing. The
machine that handles the storage node functionality is showing signs of a
failure of one of its components by displaying amber lights, so I figured it is
time to power it down. I have migrated the backups of many of this data zone's
clients to another data zone and as a result, I don't need this storage node
any more, but I am concerned about turning it off. What would happen if I power
down the storage node? Will the NetWorker server complain and will it still be
able to read/write to the drives that this storage node shares with the server?
Can I just disable the shared drives on the storage node and disable the
storage node itself and not have NetWorker throw up lots of error entries in
the daemon.raw file?