Networker

Re: [Networker] Cleaning out /nsr/tmp ???

2010-07-23 18:03:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cleaning out /nsr/tmp ???
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:01:32 -0400
Stephanie Finnegan wrote:
We clear out /nsr/tmp often whenever we need to restart the system.  Clearing
out /tmp (along with renaming the jobsdb) is a common suggestion from EMC
support when troubleshooting random anomalies.

Thanks to all who responded. Looks like clearing this out is something that I should consider doing the next time I stop/restart the software, but I'll make a mental note of the importance of the 'sec' directory as that could come in handy as Punix noted.

In regards to Stephanie's response, I remember reading something about occasional problems with nsrmmd wherein an available service can't be found and the drive is unable to load a given tape and the recommendation was to stop/restart NW and clear out tmp. Guess it couldn't hurt. Would that constitute an anomaly?

George

Stephanie Finnegan
American Institute of Physics