Networker

Re: [Networker] Cleaning out /nsr/tmp ???

2010-07-23 14:38:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cleaning out /nsr/tmp ???
From: Punitsingh Suryawanshi <punit.suryawanshi AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 00:04:24 +0530
You dont need /nsr/tmp it has all temporary data that is needed by current
instance of savegroups & daemons, but all that is tmp, as Frank said
deleting will not create any problem unless you are removing it when daemons
are running.

Just to add, u need sec directory under tmp in case you do not want to loose
the current group details, by that what I mean is, if you delete sec you
will not be able to restart(resume) the savegroups, after restarting the
daemons all groups will be marked as completed (green checkbox status). sec
contains saveset level info i.e which savesets completed,which failed and
which never ran. If you restart a failed savegoup incomplete & failed
savesets will run again.
You can always start the group which will start all clients in that group
and all savesets again.

Keeping sec might be useful in some cases mainly if u have a huge data zone
and multiple failures in same savegroup which u might need to resume after
restarting services.

In few cases I saved a lot of time & manual work by keeping sec.

Regards,
-Punit

Regards,

Punitsingh Suryawanshi