Networker

[Networker] NDMP backups

2010-06-23 10:17:29
Subject: [Networker] NDMP backups
From: n_ashwin <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 10:14:43 -0400
Let me rephrase my question now.

1. I am told NDMP level backups/incremental are block level backups. Is this
true ? If so, how is this different from block level incremental(BLI) backups ?

2. When a level backup is initiated, what is the process. Will the filer walk
the filesystem to identify the changed files and read those files or will it
identify the changed blocks and move the blocks to the target

3. Why are NDMP incrementals significantly large in size compared to
conventional incrementals ?

4. Symantec NBU guide talks of Netbackup supporting incremental NDMPs. Pls
comment

Nash