Networker

Re: [Networker] How to prevent bootstrap saving in a group when nothing is backed up?

2010-06-17 12:56:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to prevent bootstrap saving in a group when nothing is backed up?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:55:14 -0500
In regard to: [Networker] How to prevent bootstrap saving in a group when...:

We just upgraded from 7.2 to 7.5.1 and I'm seeing a new behavior. It sound
vaguely familiar, but I don't recall the fix.

After every group that runs, a bootstrap is saved, and that's entirely
appropriate if something was backed up. But, we have a number of "weekend
full" clone-enabled groups in which all the clients are on a
one-day-per-week schedule, usually Friday or Saturday, skipping all other
days. On every other day even though the group technically runs, nothing
is backed up. With 7.2, the group would "run" for about 5 seconds, end,
and that was that. Trouble is, now with 7.5.1, despite having no data
backed up, they're still backing up (and cloning!) a bootstrap each time
they run.

Is your server included in any group that NetWorker considers active (i.e.
started via its own scheduling mechanism)?

Tim
edu