Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2 -> 7.5.1 upgrade index conversion time?

2010-06-16 08:59:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2 -> 7.5.1 upgrade index conversion time?
From: Len Philpot <Len.Philpot AT CLECO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 07:58:00 -0500
> Yaron Zabary
>
>    Also, keep in mind that with 7.2 you had LGTOdrvr (on a storage node)

> which no longer exists in 7.3 and above, so when you upgrade, you need
> to also uninstall LGTOdrvr as well (I forgot about it, as it is not
> mentioned in the 7.3 installation guide). You need to look at 7.2
> installation guide and check the exact order on uninstalling the
packages.

We'll be uninstalling *all* of the 7.2 packages. This is the Sun OEM-ed
version of Networker (which will hopefully become the EMC version as soon
as we can make the switch), so all of the SUNWebs* packages will get
pkgrm-ed before we install 7.5.1. We don't have separate storage nodes at
present, just one server and 100+ clients, so that simplifies things a
tiny bit.

Thanks.