Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2 -> 7.5.1 upgrade index conversion time?

2010-06-15 10:53:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2 -> 7.5.1 upgrade index conversion time?
From: Corsini Johan <Johan.Corsini AT ERASME.ULB.AC DOT BE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:42:30 +0200
Hello,

First of all, I am quite a networker newbie, so please excuse me if my answers
are not clear or not 100% correct.

But as we performed a similar upgrade a couple months ago (7.2 to 7.5.1 on
Solaris as well), some of these information might be of some use.

Our upgrade was done with the help of a support consultant, and we have kept a
trace of commands and operations issued.  He didn't run any "nsrck" command,
but first time we started the Networker server, some maintenance operations
occurred, and I assume these are the index conversion you are talking about.
We received several messages of this kind during these operations:

... Upgrading NSRLA configuration database ...
... WARNING: NSR configuration database detected invalid resource...
... Invalid resource saved at...
... NSRLA configuration database upgrade succeeded ...

While I cannot give precise figures, this step lasted less than 2 hours.  We
have about 80G of indexes.

Regards,

Johan