Networker

[Networker] Disable Storage Node Polling Interval

2010-06-14 10:39:02
Subject: [Networker] Disable Storage Node Polling Interval
From: dinesh <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 00:25:35 -0400
Hi,

I am very new to Legato so need your expert advise.

My situation - I am testing a disaster recovery scenario. The original
networker server has two storage nodes. I have installed  networker on a
different server (on a test environment without storage nodes). I have restored
the bootstrap from the backup tape. Now I want to test restore other servers.
The test backup server seems to hang every few minutes and I think its because
its trying to communicate with the storage nodes. Correct me if I am wrong.

So my question is how do I stop the test backup server from polling the storage
nodes. I have deleted the storage nodes from the test backup server. (deleted
the tape device and then the node). I had expected that the polling would stop
once the nodes were deleted. What am I missing here or am I on wrong track.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
DG