Networker

Re: [Networker] Can't create client with specific clientid

2010-06-04 15:50:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can't create client with specific clientid
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:49:04 -0500
I'm not clear on exactly what you want to do, but after Hurricane
Katrina, we had to do a lot of directed restores, from servers that
didn't exist any more.

We simply created entries in our hosts file, and then created the
client.   As long as Networker can resolve the name, via DNS, or host
lookup, it should work.

127.0.0.1               localhost
10.10.10.1              server1
10.10.10.2        server2
10.10.10.3        server3
10.10.10.4        server4
10.10.10.5        server5
10.10.10.6        server6

To this day, we still occasionally run across a restore that is needed,
even though those servers no longer exist.   We simply restore their
index, then browse and retrieve the files.

Is this what you are looking to do?

David M. Browning Jr.
IT Project Coordinator Enterprise Backups and Help Desk