Networker

Re: [Networker] How to change a clientid?

2010-06-03 15:15:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to change a clientid?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:13:43 -0400
"Eric Fabulus" <efabulus AT hotmail DOT com> wrote on 06/03/2010 02:53:44 PM:

> You cannot for the first part of your question. When a client name exist
> with a clientid, you cannot delete it and recreate it with the same name
but
> another clientid. This is why a disaster recovery for a networker server
> goes by a-b-c. You have a server a, you create a new server b with
another
> name than you create a client c with clientid a and rename the server to
> where c can be the same than a.

I don't want to rename the server, or anything that has something to do
with the server name. Just have a client with the preferred clientID and -
if possible - the preferred client name. If I can't have the client name I
want, I can live with a differently (yet still similar) client name that
has the clientID that's on the tapes I need to scan.

I will try making a new client with the clientID I need to have, and
scanning that way.

Thanks

> Check the procedures on powerlink.

la