Networker

Re: [Networker] How to change a clientid?

2010-06-03 10:33:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to change a clientid?
From: Eric Fabulus <efabulus AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:26:48 +0200
Of course there is no way. The clientid is the way Networker identify the
client, not by its fqdn or anything else. But when you create a new client,
you can edit the clientid and put the one you want. This is described in the
disaster recovery procedure for the networker server. There is also a
procedure to import data from another networker server. I would advice to
create a ghost client for recovery purpose .

Kind regards